[Arm-netbook] Allwinner git / GPL stalemate situation

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:49:44 BST 2012

On 06/01/2012 07:27 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX LTD
> <usunov at olimex.com>  wrote:
>> Olimex will be granted to access to Allwinner development git repositories
>> if we sign NDA which do not allow us to share the sources with 3rd parties.
>
>   that's very close to being a GPL violation.  they should know better.

I am not so sure. Under an NDA both parties agree to keep shared
information confidential, so it's basically as if Olimex was working
on-site as a contractor, they would to get to see the code, but one
could not construct a right to release this under the GPL to 3rd parties.

E.g. we have interns working on GPL code, but that does not give them
the right to pass it on until we release it.