[Arm-netbook] Phoenixcard compatible image files

Craig Whitcombe craig.whitcombe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:35:50 BST 2012

Hi,

Finally got my A2000.

There are images floating around - the one I want to try is the current one
on the wiki http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/a10_image/

The instructions are for dd-ing using linux.

I tried instead to use the phoenixcard utility that I successfully used to
flash an SD card with the official Mele 1.6 android image.

Unfortunately the ubuntu image on the wiki can not be flashed as-is with
the phoenix utility, when selecting the image the utility complains that no
script could be found.

Is there a way I can modify the existing ubuntu image to make it compatible
with the windows utility? If not, perhaps future images distributed to this
list should be made compatible?

I know you are all hardcore linux guys, but you need to prepare for the
flood of windows users that are gonna hit the scene when they get their
hands on the mele and want xbmc on the thing, and who dont want to mess
around with livecds just to write an sd card.

Craig