[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Mon Jul 30 23:08:40 BST 2012

Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> writes:
> Sure, but the benefits of that depend on how often you are planning to
> upgrade.
[three current machines described]

> but even then, the upgrade cycle is unlikely to be shorter than 2
> years.

I think the real power of this idea will be if it gets to the point
where people have several EOMA based devices between them and their
friends/family (with a couple of laptops, a NAS, and/or a plug computer,
along with something for their Mum, etc).

In that scenario, you get to upgrade your main laptop, give the old card
to your Mum, take her old one and upgrade your NAS, take that and
upgrade the plug computer.

The performance comparison you should then be making is between the new
card and the one that you'll be pulling out of the plug computer, which
makes it easier to justify too, and you get four upgrades for the price
of one, so you're more likely to do it more often.

Cheers, Phil.