[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 17:29:11 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
> On 30 July 2012 17:44, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
>> On 07/30/2012 03:19 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
>>>   ok - so that's good to know.  it'd be helpful to get a list of part
>>> numbers known to be interchangeable.  can you recall what they are?
>>
>> Sorry, I haven't really kept track of part numbers, over and above what
>> I wrote up in the relevant articles which I linked previously.
>
> I think the goal of luke's question is to find a pair of compatible
>>=720p and >=1080p panels so we can have to models of the same eoma68
> laptop

 ideally, yes.  although it is really up to you guys: what do *you*
want to see in a laptop?  the I/O Board can be made reasonably
flexible, if the right matching cases are found and enough flying
leads put on it, it might be possible to use the same I/O Board for 2
different laptops, especially if they have a CD-ROM hole and that's
used as the EOMA-68 CPU Card slot as well as having several of the
connectors on it (just ignoring all other holes).

 also as previously mentioned it should not be hard to do an LCD
Daughter Board, with an FPC over to it with about 32 pins or so:
that'd be enough to transfer the RGB/TTL signals, some power and a PWM
signal (for backlight control).  the daughter board in the 1080p case
could have a dual LVDS IC on it, and for the 720p a single LVDS IC.

 i'd really like the single LVDS IC version to cover at least two 10in
LCD panels - 1024x600 *shudder*, 1200x720, maybe 1388x768 - but we
need to find matching parts that all have the same connector and the
same LCD Backlight design and voltages.