[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 14:43:08 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM,  <freebirds at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I have one more requirement: preinstalled Linux on the SSD hard drive
> or on an external SD card as an option to buy. I don't want to trouble
> shoot for weeks, post numerous threads asking for help or pay a
> computer geek who never even heard of ARM to install Linux. Reading the
> threads here on people's woes installing Linux on AllWinner A10 who
> have more technical expertise than me makes me not even want to try
> installing Linux.

 freebirds: this mailing list is targetted at developers, not users.
there are a few people who join because they are users, because it
happens to be a resource where answers can be obtained.  but that is
*not* the purpose of this list [to answer user questions].

 the primary reason for continuing to allow average users to ask
questions, rather than setting up a separate list for them, is to help
the developers to stabilise and test what they're doing.  i.e. they
serve a useful role.

 at some point there will be a separate list or a separate forum, and
at that point there will exist easy-to-buy and ready-to-install SD
cards and images etc. along with a list of other products that can be
purchased.

 we are however not at that point, so you will need to be patient, and
bear in mind that this is very much a developer-orientated early
environment.  and not distract them too much.