[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:38:10 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Mikael Hreidarsson <47mikael at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/30/2012 12:17 PM, Alejandro Mery wrote:
>
> On 30 July 2012 13:41, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  but before doing that, we need to define what people would be
> prepared to fund!  we have on one extreme end, gordan who loves 15in
> 1920x1080 laptops, and on the other extreme we have the 10in
> form-factor with *shudder* 1024x600 LCDs.  i think we have enough
> sense, collectively, to appreciate that skimping on the screen is bad?
> thus a minimum can be set of 1280x768.
>
>  i'd be inclined to go for adapting a straightforward preexisting 12in
> x86 "no-brand" laptop.  12in with a 1280x768 (or 1280x800) LCD is the
> right sort of size.  keep the battery the same, so that it can still
> be bought off-the-shelf.  still make it possible to take a 2.5in SATA
> drive.
>
> are 1366x768 ~12" harder to find or notably more expensive?

> 13.3" displays with  1366x768 resolution are pretty common now and the case
> used in the Mac Airbook clone in the included link

 superb!  that's really helpful to know even that it exists.

> seems to a standard case that should be available now for others
> manufacturer,  it was originally used by Thread Technology
> in Taiwan for their Allwinner A10 Airbook that I have not been able to find
> anywhere for sale
> (not on Alibaba/Aliexpress, not on Taobao.com and not on eBay).
> http://enzo-tech.en.alibaba.com/product/505319236-211946619/Attractive_ultra_thin_OEM_13_3inch_airbook_laptop_computer.html
> Additionally 13.3 LCDs with 1920x1080 are available for those who crave FHD
> displays (they just cost $$$$$ and an effort to source them).

 ok.  are you able to track down a part number and a datasheet?  i
need to know what the power-up (backlight) requirements are, as well
as whether it's dual or triple LVDS.  single-LVDS is easy (TI's
TNLVDS83b).  dual-LVDS is slightly harder, but would also need a
separate PCB anyway.