[Arm-netbook] Lemote misrepresented wifi is removable

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:58:07 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Derek LaHousse <dlahouss at mtu.edu> wrote:

> You're being tracked by sight.  It would also be far easier to tag your
> car with a GSP tracker, Cellular device, or even a paint that is only
> visible in infrared or ultraviolet spectrum.

 yes - i had fun with a surveillance team who put a fluorescent dye
into the water supply at the hotel i was staying at.  i'd noticed that
it was slightly brighter than usual water: it glowed in sunlight.
after washing, i rubbed my skin - hard - placing a circle encompassing
my forehead, cheeks and neck, then a straight line right down across
my nose, and another two lines across my cheeks.  you might recognise
this as the CND "Ban The Bomb" symbol.  the smirks on the faces of the
surveillance team - identifiable as the ones with polarised glasses -
were worth it.

 but to have a full-time team doing that kind of surveillance is
expensive.  this is more about intimidation than it is about actual
"surveillance".  remember: it's a continuation of the "abuse" pattern.
 there's no *actual* real *need* for the privacy invasions, other than
to make freebirds "suffer".  so if the cost of that intimidation
becomes prohibitive, then chances are that it'll stop.

 christ only knows why someone would be so stupid as to pay criminals
to intimidate someone through electronic surveillance is beyond me: i
mean the risk of it backfiring is just... but hey. *shrug*