[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 30 01:36:46 BST 2012

Genesi EFIKA MX and Hercules have the same ARM Cortex A8  FreescaleTM
i.MX515 processor. https://www.genesi-usa.com/store/
hercules.com

VIA 8650 netbooks have an ARM926J processor. The touchpad and keyboard
of the 7 inch is too tiny. Today, I posted a thread the the VIA 8650
netbook I purchased from Amazon was shipped in an envelope without
padding and arrived with a cracked screen. 10" netbooks are available
from China.

Lemote Yeeloong has a MIPS processor.

Since tablets took the market share away from netbooks, manufacturers
are not manufacturing netbooks with the newest processors. Hence, people
are connecting their raspberry pi and MK802 to a Motorola lapdock
purchased from Amazon. Other option is to purchase a tablet and use a
keyboard and mouse manufactured for tables.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012, at 04:20 PM, Wojciech Meyer wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to find a nice netbook based on ARM. I've been trying to
> google, but without much luck - apart from finding this mailing list.
>
> Seems like AC100 has been discontinued and the other propositions are
> mainly from the far east in bigger quantities.
>
> I would like to run GNU/Linux distro on it but perhaps not Android.
>
> Any advices?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> --
> Wojciech Meyer