[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 passthrough implementation

Ryan Mullen rmmullen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:57:41 BST 2012

Luke, and others,

I've begun work with kicad to implement a passthrough EOMA-68 card.
You can track my progress via github, where my changes can be accessed
in the branch named "passthrough."

https://github.com/rmull/eoma

I'm not sure I'm ready to push to the official git repo just yet,
because I have no idea what is expected of me. Therefore, would it be
alright if I just ask the maintainer to pull from my passthrough
branch when I feel like I've reached a worthwhile milestone? I'll make
sure to rebase often, though the official repo doesn't seem to be
changing much.

I very much want to work according to the conventions of this project,
so if I'm organizing my files badly or naming things awkwardly please
point it out to me on IRC or something. Also, it's likely that I'm
going to be oblivious to some "best practices" for using kicad so if
I'm doing something foolish let me know. I am still a beginner.

Also, two quick things: the INSTALL.txt file has typos ("git
submodules" should be "git submodule") and there is something wrong
when I run "git submodule update" as shown by the following output:

fatal: reference is not a tree: 2792d96ff2dbce463ed5566b33ff2b0d36cb3201
Unable to checkout '2792d96ff2dbce463ed5566b33ff2b0d36cb3201' in
submodule path 'pcb/kicad-libs'

If someone wants to check that out it'd be appreciated, since it would
be to our advantage to have a functioning git repo. I am using this as
the origin: http://git.rhombus-tech.net/eoma.git

Thanks,
rmull