[Arm-netbook] ARM port(s) BoF at DebConf

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 25 18:24:04 BST 2012

>  ok hooray, it's an 88F6282, aka armada-300.  right.  so the product
> brief is downloadable here:
> http://www.marvell.com/embedded-processors/armada-300/
>
>  and it says it's a "Sheeva", whatever that is, and it says it's only
> a 16-bit DDR3 interface, which means it's going to be rather painful
> to use _but_ nothing like as bad as having to do linker phases in
> swap.

Thanks for researching the answer of my inquiry which ARM processor.
However, Marvell's specification of the 88F6292 aka Armada-300 does not
disclose which ARM processor it has. I didn't see a reference to Sheeva.
I doubt Netgear is using the same processor that Sheevaplug and
DreamPlug uses. So much secrecy! Marvell requires a nondisclosure
agreement which may be why Netgear is secretive.

I haven't purchased a Sheevaplug because I am still researching whether
there is a new ARM device without TrustZone and Mobicore. Without
knowing what ARM processor is in Armada 300, TrustZone cannot be
confirmed.