[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 25, Issue 82

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:32:17 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:56 PM, cnxsoft <cnxsoft at cnx-software.com> wrote:
> On 24/07/2012 20:35, Marco Caminati wrote:
>>

>> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:54:56 +0700
>> From: cnxsoft<cnxsoft at cnx-software.com>
>> Subject: [Arm-netbook] Kernel U-boot A10 Nightly Builds
>> To: Linux on small ARM machines<arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk>
>>
>>> Since we've now got a build machine (Thanks Kent!), I've setup nightly
>>> builds for u-boot (hno) and the linux kernel (amery) using the default
>>> branch. I also generate several hardware packs for Mele A1000, A10 mini
>>> PC, and a server version.
>>> The binaries and build log are now located in a dropbox folder:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qvcp8igx3303hbw/dn7f3a4jP0/ for now.
>> Hello, I tried
>>
>> mele-a1000_hwpack_2012.07.23.sq
>> sun4i-spl.bin
>> u-boot.bin
>> uImage
>>
>> from
>>
>> http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/nightly/2012.07.23/
>>
>> on my Ainol Novo 7 Elf, a 1Gb Allwinner A10-based tablet.
>>
>> I used the original script.bin found on the tablet, and got the OS booted, with Xorg Desktop (from linaro-precise-alip-20120525-143) showing on tablet's own lcd.

 fantastic.  this is brilliant news, to hear of another (different)
product working... ok, mostly working :)

 can i ask you if you could do a simple write-up, once you have
everything going, and add it to the wiki?  it would be good for other
people also to be able to install things as well.

 i've pre-created a page
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/ainol_novo_elf_7/ for you, i'll
put a little bit on it - feel free to use it for your own purposes as
much as helping others, ok?