[Arm-netbook] A10 EOMA-68 CPU Card casework

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:27:27 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Piyush Verma <piyush.pv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/news/
>>
>> we have a company who is working on the casework for us, which is
>> fantastic.  we're not entirely sure which way round things have to
>> coordinate, whether it's the casework that defines the PCB layout, or
>> vice-versa - it seems to be a little of both.
>

> I have worked on product development and this is the process below we
> follow.

 ah good!  thank you.  it is always good to hear from someone who's
actually been through this kind of thing before.

> 1 Define rough form factor.

 ok - yep.  PCMCIA.

> 2 Do placements for component in PCB.  Same time ME designs ID.

 yep.  i did a rough drawing, showing that all parts can go on.

> 3 Pass 3D file of placements generated by pcb software to ME.

 ok, the pcb team apparently can only do 2D DXF, but i am sure they will cope.

> 4 ME fits PCB in his design if there is any conflict report resolve team
> with PCB team.

 .. we're not at this stage yet :)

> 5 Then PCB Routing take place and Mechanical Designer do detailing.

 i would love to be at this stage already :)

 thank you priyush.