[Arm-netbook] A10 EOMA-68 CPU Card casework

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:23:59 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
> On 24 July 2012 15:15, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/news/
>>
>> we have a company who is working on the casework for us, which is
>> fantastic.  we're not entirely sure which way round things have to
>> coordinate, whether it's the casework that defines the PCB layout, or
>> vice-versa - it seems to be a little of both.
>>
>> anyway, it is slowly coming together; all of this effort will make the
>> creation of the next CPU Card, when it happens, that much easier.
>
> news! :D ... rendering looks very nice too :-)

 yeah - they're a pretty good team, very professional.

> any estimation of the time from here to an alpha card?

 nnope.  i'm done with "estimates".  i'm just letting people get on
with it, no time pressure.  they're working happily on what they're
working on, under their own initiative, for their own direct benefit.

> also, now that there are kickstarter-alike sites for eu/uk projects,
> will you start collecting funding or keep on your own?

 well, one of the "rules" is that there must be a well-established
community surrounding the project.  so it would be necessary to
pressurise kickstarter because they believe that 75+ people on IRC and
250+ people on a mailing list that has been around for over 2 years is
"not a community".  they are using this as the latest excuse *not* to
allow EOMA-68 or EOMA-68 products onto kickstarter.

 i believe i may have embarrassed them enough under a continued
onslaught of bludgeoning all their excuses into a molten slag-heap
enough for them to actually approve the project, now, only leaving
their bruised egos as the final barrier.  which can't be helped.

 so it may actually be better for *someone else* to initiate the
project, and funnily enough titoma design offered to do that, only
last week.