[Arm-netbook] ARM port(s) BoF at DebConf

Mehmet Mersin mmersin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:24:26 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>   the specs on the readynas.com web site say that "ReadyNas Duo v2"
>>> takes DDR3 RAM.
>>
>> Curious. I wonder if the postings I saw with the RAM part numbers used
>> was for the older ReadyNAS, then. I clearly recall 333MHz DDR RAM being
>> mentioned.
>
>  wouldn't surprise me if it was a mistake on the readynas web site...

It takes DDR3 RAM, but it's soldered on board. A google image search
gave me this link:
http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/netgear_readynas_duo_v2,3.html

Here is internals of ReadyNAS Duo (not v2):
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/networking/display/netgear-readynas-duo_4.html

A forum post says that only ReadyNAS Duo has SO-DIMM socket, v2 doesn't have it.

Such a pity, with USB3, SATA and Gigabit Ethernet, it's a very good
product for this price. But memory is not upgradeable.

-mehmet mersin