[Arm-netbook] Mele A2000 as a Server

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Mon Jul 16 11:02:34 BST 2012

On 15 July 2012 19:43, Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> sön 2012-07-15 klockan 16:51 +0600 skrev Roman Mamedov:
>
>> It might be possible to free up 64 MB more, but I believe this requires
>> reconfiguring the uboot or changing the script.bin. I did not investigate
>> much, 443 MB is enough to me for now.
>
> MALI needs to be disabled in kernel build, and some ugly code ripped out
> as well, see arch/arm/mach-sun4i/core.c sw_core_fixup. just kill it
> entirely, it deserves no right to live there.

there is currently a branch awaiting for testers called
`wip/linux-sunxi-3.0/mem` which:
* honors atag memory info passed by the bootloader (unless told the
oposite by enabling `CONFIG_SUNXI_IGNORE_ATAG_MEM`)
* allocated the 64M for mali only if it's enabled (will probably gain
an option for off-tree mali to allocate them even when mali is
disabled)

$ free
Mem:        511324      62240     449084          0       4204      39040
-/+ buffers/cache:      18996     492328
Swap:            0          0          0

tests from people actually using mali are needed before merging this branch.