[Arm-netbook] Where to load initramfs

Peter Steenbergen p.steenbergen at j1nx.nl
Sun Jul 15 10:18:33 BST 2012

Guys,

I started working on this again. I created the initramfs;

$ update-initramfs -c -k `uname -r`

And made a bootable disk from it called "uInitrd" (the Linaro std.)

$ mkimage -A arm -T ramdisk -C none -n "uInitrd" -d
/boot/initrd.img-`uname -r` ./uInitrd

I tried to load the uInitrd straight after the G2D reserved memory at 0x59000000
This is my boot.scr for now; (will put stuff in variables later)

setenv console 'ttyS0,115200'
setenv root '/dev/mmcblk0p1'
setenv panicarg 'panic=10'
setenv extra 'rootfstype=ext4 rootwait'
setenv loglevel '8'
setenv setargs 'setenv bootargs console=${console} root=${root}
loglevel=${loglevel} ${panicarg} ${extra}'
setenv kernel 'boot/uImage'
setenv boot_mmc 'ext4load mmc 0 0x43000000 boot/script.bin; ext4load
mmc 0 0x48000000 ${kernel}; ext4load mmc 0 0x59000000 boot/uInitrd;
bootm 0x48000000 0x59000000'
setenv bootcmd 'run setargs boot_mmc'

Now, it boots! and it loads, but stops. Do you expert guys out there
see anything which might give me a lead? Here is the full boot output;
http://pastebin.com/Yf7mhbS7

I will try to remove the Wifi drivers from /etc/modules and re-create
the initramfs, but I doubt the wifi driver is the problem.

Any suggestions / Ideas ?