[Arm-netbook] Sleep (stand by) power consumption of A10/A13 device?

krasi gichev krasimirr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:59:18 BST 2012

Thanks for comments, my calculations are based on specification (in
internet). As I said, they claim 18 days with 3200mAh, so this means 432
hours with 3200mAh, and this gives 7mA . My tablet is Ployer MOMO 9
variant, built around March 2012. I can try to measure the battery current
in various modes. But this can be misleading because it might not represent
the real capabilities of the A10.
I am pretty sure that idle will never be so high as cnxsoft claims, my
tablet manages several days on stand by. If it was 0.34A it will hardly
last 10 hours. I suppose that this 0.34A is for mele or other non-portable
device.

Tom, you are saying that in suspend to RAM A10 is completely off, and this
5mA are mainly RAM self refresh consumption? Is there something easy that
can be done to bring it a little bit down - different RAM chips (DDR3L),
different power management chip instead of AXP? In general, could we find
out how this 5mA are spread over subsystems and decide which one makes
sense to optimize?