[Arm-netbook] Linux with GLES with video playback on A10 (Linux)

Piyush Verma piyush.pv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 03:44:01 BST 2012

Hello Friends,

I just got my new A10 Tablet with Android 4

I want to render video as texture with open gl es so that we can give cool
effects on video.

I am new to A10 and need some consultation to get it done.

I will update here as progress is made.

Steps to achieve this I have planed as below.

   1. Up Buildroot on board.
   2. Play Video using
allwinner-a10-video<https://github.com/amery/allwinner-a10-video>
   .
   3. Cache Decoded output of video as rgb texture. (May be save as ppm to
   test) if there is something like samsung post process to covert/scale
   picture would be great.
   4. Run Texture based gles program from mali 400.
   5. Dynamically decode and and update texture and render.

pelase correct me if there is something wrong in above with A10.

I have built buildroot and kernel but stuck in the phase of flashing on
device.

I am following http://elinux.org/Hack_A10_devices

in device i got this

root at android:/sdcard/nanda/linux # ls
linux.bmp
linux.ini
u-boot.bin

but not

# ls /sdcard/nanda/linux
bImage
linux.ini
params
paramsr
recovery.ini

I think it's a bit different in Android 4.

Any suggestion how to put our kernel in it ?

--
Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma