[Arm-netbook] RFP: Looking for a linux based digital photo frame

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Sun Jul 8 17:50:57 BST 2012

On 8 July 2012 18:13, Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont at free.fr> wrote:
> Le Sunday 8 July 2012 17:45:49, Alejandro Mery a écrit :
>> > Does anyone know who could help us to achieve this ?
>>
>> sounds like the job for a A13-based tablet
>
> This kind of HW is a possibility provided:
> - there's a way to make it stand up on a flat surface
> - we can have it boot something else than Android without requiring the
>   user to press a magic button while powering up the device.

there are hundreds of cheap chinese A13-based tablet factories from
who to buy boards+screens. but I suppose you'll need a custom case for
something more photo-frame-ish than a cheap leather case with stand.

the A13, as it's brothers the A10 and F20, all can boot from the
SD(HC) card. The kernel we have at
https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner is supposed to work fine with
the A13, but not sure if anyone has tested it yet. our u-boot still
needs love for working with sun5i (A13), but I'm sure that won't take
long to happen after henrik receives a prototype of the A13-olinuxino.

best regards,
Alejandro Mery