[Arm-netbook] could some kind person guide me through the process of build andoid for the Mele?

simon at koala.ie simon at koala.ie
Sun Jul 8 12:10:24 BST 2012

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 17:56:37 +0100, <simon at koala.ie> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 14:01:33 +0100, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> i
> have built cm9 (after a few bumps in the road)
> i've installed the recovery.img on /dev/block/nandf and can boot into it.
> it cannot see the sdcard but it can see the "internal" sdcard.
> but when it tries to install if fails with no errors in the log

it would appear that the binary that goes into the recovery.img is not
able to read the sdcard.
i really don't know why.

i have traced the binary back through github and there is no indication
where the source of this is located.

anyway, i have a workaround. i can go into recovery with adb and mount a
USB key:

mount -t vfat /dev/block/sda1 /sdcard

and install cm9 from there.

the touchscreen on the device i'm using for my experiments (yes i know i
said i was doing this on a mele :-|) does not work.

of course cm9 has disabled root access. one quick hack on su.c and a
rebuild later and i can boot into cm9 and try to work out why things are
not working.

two steps forward and one step back.

now rebuilding the kernel time after time to see what touchscreen hardware
i have.

--
simon

Simon Kenyon