[Arm-netbook] Preinstalling hardened OS on SD card

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 6 15:47:13 BST 2012

I recommend commencing a project to harden the existing Debian for
Allwinner A10, preinstall it on SDcards and sell the SD cards. This
hardened release would have a preconfigured firewall, tripwire, snort,
MacChanger, TOR, privoxy, etc. It would either not support TrustZone or
not enable it. A feature in the OS would make it easy for newbies to
tell whether their TrustZone has been remotely activated. Computrace and
vPro can be remotely activated.

Tails is a live CD using TOR but it cannot be installed and does not
have MacChanger at start up. FreedomBox Foundation has two OS they are
working on. They also use privoxy and TOR. It would be wonderful if
their two OS disabled TrustZone or if the project would be a joint
effort. Because Freedomboxfoundation banned me from their mailing list
for raising concerns about their use of DreamPlug because it has
TrustZone, I cannot post this on their mailing list.

                          love email again