[Arm-netbook] U-Boot, boot.scr and ext4 troubles

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Jul 5 23:15:29 BST 2012

tor 2012-07-05 klockan 23:42 +0200 skrev Peter Steenbergen:

> I want to boot from SD with only one ext4 partition with boot.scr
> script.bin and uImage located in /boot/

I don't think the uboot ext2 implementaiton supports ext4 unfortunately.
There is patches to add ext4 support (and ext4load etc commands) but
it's not mainline yet.

> ** Unable to read "boot.scr" from mmc 0:1 **
> ** File not found boot.scr
> ** File not found boot/boot.scr

It did not find boot.scr.

> reading script.bin

and falls back on default boot action.

> What is going on? What do I miss? I must say, the ext4 partition is
> the first but does not start at 2048. Does that generate any problems?

uboot reads the partition table. Starting at 2048 is only a
recommendation. But you must leave at least sufficient space for uboot +
environment. See wiki on github repository for detail.

Regards
Henrik