[Arm-netbook] ARM's OOB para-virtualization & FreeZone in A10?

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 5 17:21:47 BST 2012

Nil wrote: "This individual has demonstrated a lack of understanding,
made claims they can't back up, and statements that are factually
incorrect."

Nil, I am a victim, not a geek. I do acknowledge I have a lack of
understanding. The only claim I made is that I am being cracked. I
acknowledge that how I am explaining the cracking may not be accurate.
Nonetheless, I am being cracked. I am neither complaining nor attempting
to make you believe I am being cracked. The only reason why I tried to
explain how I am being cracked was in attempts to create a safe open
hardware for myself and others if none exist already. I will answer
Gordan Bobic's questions but it is not relevant to my goal of safe open
hardware.

Gordan Bobic asked: "Can you cite a vector by which on Linux the AV
daemon running as root is unable to scan a file using the on-open
hooks?" I do not know what an on-open hook is. I scanned a live rescue
CD that had Clam preinstalled on it. I also scanned ClamWin portable on
a flashdrive.

Gordan Bobic asked: " And this also works on Linux? Can you cite any
record of an exploit that is capable of this? My removable media had
windows USB worms and Linux USB worms. Conficker and Mazebat were the
Windows USB worms. I do not know the names of the Linux USB worms. I
erased my HD, flashed my BIOS and reinstalled Fedora. I inserted my
removable media which infected Fedora. I checked the box show hidden
files. I could not see the trash file on my removable media including
the trash file on my Sansa Clip MP3 players. Thus, I could not delete
the trash. Like conficker, this malware was hiding in the trash.

Gordon Bobic asked: "Would you care to elaborate on that? How would the
buy-out of MIPS result in there being no more support for MIPS?" If AMD
purchases MIPS, AMD most like would incorporate MIPS technology into its
chips. Thereby, MIPS would have AMD-V (Virtualization Technology).

Gordon Bobic asked: Can you elaborate why exactly it is specifically
virtualization extensions that are an issue?" Virtualization extensions
and TrustZone are not the only privacy breaches I discussed on this
mailing list. I also discussed tracking the geolocation of the MAC
address on bluetooth and wifi cards. I did not purchase a DreamPlug
because it's wifi and bluetooth are soldered onto the motherboard.

Gordon Bobic asked: "If you are running a Linux kernel that will only
load signed modules, how do you propose the perpetrator would
inject a custom, unsigned virtualization module into your running kernel
to leverage virtualization extensions to do something nasty to the
running OS?" I do not know.

                          wherever you are