[Arm-netbook] ARM netbook

Guillaume Fortaine guillaume.fortaine at devopspace.com
Thu Jul 5 10:56:17 BST 2012

> (3)  Netbook to be preinstalled with Linux that is not Angstrom. Preferably
> a full Fedora, Debian or even Ubuntu. A reason I have not purchased the Ben
> NanoNote, BeagleBoard, Olimex, raspberry pi, etc. is that they do not have
> Linux with a GUI preinstalled.

a) Raspberry Pi

Wrong : There will be soon a working port of the latest Fedora (17)
for Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pi Fedora Remix 17 :

http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_Fedora_Remix_17

b) BeagleBone

Wrong : You have a GUI (GNOME) since April in the Ångström images for
the BeagleBone :

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beaglebone/Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-GNOME-eglibc-ipk-v2012.05-beaglebone-2012.06.18.img.xz