[Arm-netbook] Removing wifi

freebirds at hushmail.com freebirds at hushmail.com
Wed Jul 4 02:05:04 BST 2012

A member speculated that I need to remove wifi because I work for the
government. I just posted what I do need. I should explain that I am a
domestic violence victim. My abuser hired investigators. The
investigators hired hackers. My abuser's hackers broke into my storage
unit, car and room where I had my netbooks. They replaced the hard
drive from two of my netbooks. The replaced hard drives had a
customized version of Fedora and a hidden partition. They infected my
BIOS and graphic card with a rootkit (not the Mebromi) which worked
with the rootkit in the HPA/DCO of my hard drives. Reflashing the BIOS
and erasing my HD with DBAN and KillDisk did not eradicate the
rootkits.This article explains why
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=234112&page=2. Hence,
I need to switch to a PC that neither has a BIOS nor a HPA/DCO in the
hard drive.

My abuser's hackers also hacked into my local LAN to out of band
connect to Intel's AMT in my Asus 1015PX and AMD DASH in my MSI
netbook to remotely completely control my netbooks and procure my
data. Hence, I need to switch to ARMS or MIPS. As of yet, they do not
sleuthly offer out of band monitoring to "IT administrators."

I considered the Freedombox (DreamPlug). It's processor serial number
(PSN) is not burned into OTP memory so it is not visible online.
However, Freedombox's soldered wifi and bluetooth are soldered into
the motherboard. Bluetooth has a MAC address which is visible by
default. The geolocation of the MAC address of the bluetooth card and
wifi card can be tracked. Even when offline, hackers can hack into
bluetooth.

Few end users know to make their bluetooth hidden or off. Yet,
"hidden" bluetooth have been hacked. "Bluesniff provides a GUI for
finding discoverable and hidden bluetooth devices. See the DefCon 11
presentation on Bluetooth wardriving for more info."
http://www.shmoo.com/projects.html

"Each Bluetooth-enabled device has a unique Bluetooth ID that none of
other devices has. The Bluetooth scanner scans for Bluetooth-enabled
devices around you and stores discovered device IDs, name and time
when it was discovered in your smartphone storage. Usually your phone
can discover devices in short range, approximately 10m. Than Bluetooth
scanner requests your phone position using GPS module and associates
this position with recently discovered Bluetooth devices. Now you can
submit the collected location data to our server and immediately get
more location data for a specific device submitted by other users.
Finally you will see on a map where and when you as well as other
people have seen the device in the past."
http://geotooth.com/Home/HowItWorks

Bluetooth Tracking without Discoverability
www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/publications/public/.../55610120.pdf

Turning bluetooth and wifi off in software is not a solution.
Configuring MacChanger to change the MAC address of wifi after boot up
is not a solution. Their MAC addresses become visible while the
computer is booting up and shutting down.

I am considering the CuBox but it has infrared and ARM TrustZone.
Infrared has been hacked. AllWinner A10 would need most of my needs if
I could remove the wifi.