[Arm-netbook] ARM netbook with removable wifi and bluetooth?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Jul 2 17:48:19 BST 2012

mån 2012-07-02 klockan 11:37 -0400 skrev freebirds at hushmail.com:
> I need to purchase an ARM netbook which does not have the wifi and
> bluetooth soldered into the motherboard. I need to remove the wifi and
> bluetooth. I have reviewed the Lemote Yeelong, Lemote Moonsong,
> Sunlike AllWinner A10 netbook, Genesi Ekiga netbook and Hercules
> netbook but have not found any documentation whether the wifi and
> bluetooth are removable.

Most A10 based devices I have seen have the wifi(+bt) on a soldered USB
module. Such modules are not very difficult to desolder, and you can
even put it in an external enclosure with USB cable if you prefer to
keep using it where allowed.

Or if acceptable, all these are also easily disabled temporarily from
software.

Regards
Henrik