[Arm-netbook] mali X server

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Mon Jul 2 12:41:18 BST 2012

>> Hi, i have created a page about mali x11 driver
>> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/Compile_X11_driver_for_A10/
>> According to the document from ARM, the fb driver should be modified.
>> I have done everything
>> the documents write, and X runs with no obvious error, but the mali
>> doesn't run. I have no idea
>> what's wrong.

>> --
>
> I've tried the instructions at
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/Compile_X11_driver_for_A10/, but
> all I get is a blank screen
> I'm using VGA output, and Xorg.log stops when loading the mali module:
> [    23.878] (II) LoadModule: "mali"
> [    23.879] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/mali_drv.so
>
> I'm using the default kernel in github and all modules are loaded:
> lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> 8192cu                508465  0
> mali_drm                1954  0
> drm                   176728  1 mali_drm
> mali                  130896  0
> hdmi                   15237  0
> lcd                     2706  0
> disp                  219086  2 hdmi,lcd
> ump                    42542  2 mali,disp
>
> I use /etc/module as follows:
> lcd
> hdmi
> ump
> disp
> fb
> mali
> mali_drm
> 8192cu
>
> So the order seems fine, except I don't have an fb.ko modules because
> it is built-in the kernel.
>
> I'm using Linaro 12.06 ALIP rootfs (armhf), so I'm not so sure what is
> causing, and looking for advice before I dig into mali_drv code.
> There are 2 r2p4 versions: r2p4-02rel1-02rel1(the one I use) and
> r2p4-02rel0 so I'm not sure I use the right one.

OK, I'll reply to myself as I found some answers in
https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner/issues/19
The right version is r2p4-02rel1-02rel1.
The patch https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65312725/sun4i_fb_ump.patch has not
been applied to allwinner-v3.0-android-v2 as indicated in the wiki so it
still needs to be applied, unless I need to use another branch.(I can't
find wip/allwinner-v3.0-android-v2/mali branch)