[Arm-netbook] Any ARM SoC has Open-Source access to hardware video decoder ?

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 04:05:14 BST 2012

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Xianghua Xiao <xiaoxianghua at gmail.com> wrote:
> imx6 GPU is from Vivante and I doubt we can ever get source code on that.

 well, freescale bought the company (vivante) which is an extremely
good strategic move.  it places freescale in a position to move
quickly to software (libre) compliance should it prove financially
necessary for them to do so.  without buying vivante they would be
entirely at the mercy of either a) vivante's investors b) the market.