[Arm-netbook] Allwinner A10 Android Box (not tablet) and some experiment of run Ubuntu.

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 11:59:55 GMT 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Justin Cormack
<justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2012 8:47 AM, "Simon Kenyon" <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
>>
>> On 02/23/12 08:11, Henrik Nordström wrote:
>> > Interesting. That board seem to be prepared for very many uses only
>> > needing connectors and maybe some passive components. Can quite likely
>> > easily be turned into a dev board for any A10 application with only a little
>> > soldering.
>>
>> and that price translates into around €60
>> anyone fancy getting together to buy one?
>>

> Would be interested in getting one in Europe. Something to test on now...

rright - this can be arranged.

tom says he's found a source of these boxes for RMB 320, and that he'd
be happy to order some and then meet my friend adam, who is used to
dealing with posting stuff out to people (standard post, Hong Kong).

putting on a bit for tom and for adam as well, so they're not out of
pocket, and then putting on HK postage, it's going to come to about
$100 maybe $120 approximately.

postage calculator for HK speedpost:
http://app1.hongkongpost.com/CGI/speedpost/eng/rate/step1.jsp

anyone interested, please do say so, and we can get things moving.