[Arm-netbook] connectors for A10 EOMA-68 card - help needed in shenzen to go round industrial markets and find connectors

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:34:09 GMT 2012

folks, hi,

we're running into the usual "believability" on talking to suppliers.
we're also getting referrals to distributors who will want markups.
we really really really need to get moving: bari finished the
schematics - except for the connectors - well over a week ago.

we really really really need to get hold of these or equivalent parts,
but *not* at stupid prices.

http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/hdmi_molex_467652001_sd.pdf
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/STX-35398A-5N-TR.pdf
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/pcb_44pin_dil2_877584416_sd.pdf
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/microsd_push_push_te.com_JPN_CD_1554304_A.pdf
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/STX-35398A-5N-TR.pdf
http://www.te.com/catalog/pn/en/1554266-1?RQPN=1554266-1

is there anyone who could go round the industrial flea markets in
shenzen, and ask for prices for qty 100, qty 1,000 and also ask them
if they could get 100,000 units a month - and, obviously, a price as
well?

the parts do *not* have to be *exactly* the manufacturers shown in the
PDFs, but they *do* have to be the same specification.  these are:

* HDMI Micro Type D **MID-MOUNT**
* Micro USB AB **MID-MOUNT**
* 4-pin Audio Jack **MID-MOUNT**
* PCMCIA 68-pin Header SMT **ZERO-OFFSET**
* Push-Push or Push-Pull MicroSD slot
* 44-pin DIL2 2mm header

the above PDFs have the full specification, with technical drawings,
that, if printed out, will allow the correct parts to be identified.

the 100 qty is for the alpha boards.  the 1000 qty is for the
beta-level boards, and the 100k units price is for when we hit
mass-volume.

thanks folks.