[Arm-netbook] microSD breakout board, suitable for debugging using tablets.

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Tue Feb 14 08:28:27 GMT 2012

mån 2012-02-13 klockan 09:14 +0800 skrev Tom Cubie:

> i am working on a spl u-boot and a tool that allows A10 internal
> brom to load u-boot from sdcard(add a header to u-boot.bin which
> contains the size and the checksum).My plan is dd the spl u-boot
> to the sdcard, and boot the system, without the Phoenix Card tool.
> Now i am doing the dram init part.

Excellent!

I still lack A10 hardware to try things out on, or any documentation on
the DDR initialization part.

The I/O multiplexer setup seems pretty simple, assuming documentation is
reasonably correct on which bits are for which functions.

Luke, what is the status on the development boards?

Still looing for a suitable tablet for hacking on. As I am not planning
to using it as a development platform more RAM is premium and of the A10
tables I have found only Novo 7 ELF seem to be equipped with 1GB, and
the ELF seems to be hard to get hold of over here. Also not 100% sure
how one forces FEL mode on a A10 tablet if the NAND boot-loader gets
fucked.

Maybe it's sufficient to insert a bootable SDCARD with recovery in such
case. CARD0 has priority over NAND, right?

Regards
Henrik