[Arm-netbook] microSD breakout board, suitable for debugging using tablets.

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 04:38:58 GMT 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Tom Cubie <tangliang at allwinnertech.com> wrote:
> On 02/13/2012 09:43 AM, lkcl luke wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Tom Cubie<tangliang at allwinnertech.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> I can get the lcd console either. I have reported to the girl who
>>> workson the display driver the problem. She is not interested and
>>> will not look at it. She said it's no use in products :(
>>   what, screens are of no use??
>
> She means fb console,

 ahh ok.  hm, that should be pretty straightforward.

> showing the little penguin at boot time is
> no use in products. The lcd driver is ok when playing some test
> videos under linux cli, no display for the console.

 it's usually pretty straightforward to get that up-and-running, boot
params console=/dev/fb0 which obviously you can either set in the
kernel config or directly into the linux kernel source code as the
default _or_ set them in u-boot.  but you *have* to have the lcd etc.
etc. "built-in" you cannot possibly hope to have that work if you've
got it as a module, because, duh, it won't be loaded when it's needed,
will it?? :)

 btw if you've got a "working" system that you can actually boot up
and get any kind of login / command-prompt (ssh over ethernet, serial
console) then my favourite trick to see if things are working is just
"echo shfjsafhajsfhsajfsadlf > /dev/fb0" - if you see garbage in the
top left corner of the lcd, it's working.

 get that working first _then_ try sorting out the boot parameters.