[Arm-netbook] A LCD Screen That Is Usable In Sun Light

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Sun Feb 12 23:26:15 GMT 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 00:16, Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:
> On 02/12/2012 04:23 PM, Alejandro Mery wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 23:19, Alexander Ross<abushcrafter at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Quote: "Expensive"
>>>
>>> I would much raver pay a bit more for one the is usable in sun light that is
>>> also more efficient by not having to over power the sun light but instead
>>> uses it. A important use for a laptop for me is so I can work in the garden
>>> or watch something in the car on the motorway.
>>>
>>> How much more do they cost anyway? Don't remember it saying the prices on
>>> the website.
>> I have a Notion Ink Adam (actually two) with PixelQI display... it
>> works awesome on direct sunlight, but on the inside it's the worst LCD
>> display you could imagine.
>>
> I wonder which PixelQi display is in the Adam?
>
> I tested out a few at Computex a couple years ago and I was able to take
> a netbook from a dark room inside to direct sunlight outside without any
> glare.
>
> What problems are you experiencing with your panel with the backlight on?

the viewing angle is very narrow and fully black background is
actually displayed as a diffuse shade of tones of gray. colors are
also very pale. forget about watching movies on it, and reading in
"night mode" (inverted color) is close to impossible because of the
resulting lack of contrast with this shade claiming to be black
background.