[Arm-netbook] Release of SoM board KiCAD files with 2x100 pin ARM as a stepping stone

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:22:20 GMT 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM, jm <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 14:09 +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
>> jm <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> writes:
>> > I can download in 5 minutes, upload in 10 minutes with modern
>> > internet, and so passing compressed image files around
>> > is a godsend for engineers that need specific types of images
>> > (such as minimal Lubuntu, or a full KDE desktop, or a full Gambas IDE
>> > developer environment) without having to roll their own.
>>
>> It also sounds like a routine way of violating the GPL,
>
> Thanks for http://www.emdebian.org/ link.
>
> Legality also bugged me so much - I asked for sources at miniand, and it
> fell on deaf ears.

 surpriiiise!

> So, Luke, where is yours for the EOMA? Hardware is only days and weeks
> away! :-)

 yeah all right all right.  a couple of samples are being DHL'd to me
- wits-tech got them up (USB-OTG boot) but the config's different from
standard and when plugging in to a pc it wouldn't talk to it.  so, i
get to find out why, see if there's anything i can do software-wise.

> Kidding Luke, but don't forget to slip us some source code when you get
> to be a big corp with EOMA! :-)

 hell i ain't doin it!  i got enough to do.