[Arm-netbook] Release of SoM board KiCAD files with 2x100 pin ARM as a stepping stone

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:19:52 GMT 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:

> That said, I applaud your efforts to make an easy to install image, but
> without the accompanying source you're in violation of the GPL, and
> without the instructions on how to reproduce your efforts you are making
> the images much less interesting for others (because the images
> themselves tend to age badly as they get overtaken by subsequent package
> releases, whereas the instructions on how to do it again are likely to
> be useful for a long time to come).
>
> There are quite a lot of tools to do this sort of thing that are used by
> the Emdebian folks that you might want to look into:
>
>   http://www.emdebian.org/

 ... and then there's also buildroot (which i personally can't stand),
and then there's openembedded (which i love because of its high
bang-per-buck ratio), and a whole stack more besides.

much saner - for you at least - to say, "ok, my role is to do the
hardware, please can someone else step forward and tackle the OS side"
- which is quite likely to happen once you've got hardware.