[Arm-netbook] FSF-Endorseable Processor

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Dec 5 08:30:55 GMT 2012

ons 2012-12-05 klockan 08:08 +0000 skrev luke.leighton:

>  okok :)  opensource strictly != free software.  i have to play the
> FSF hat, here, so i have to follow the FSF rules.  it's a pain, i
> know, but it's also something i support.

Ah, that..

FSF have no issue with promoting Open Source software, only the term
"Open Source" as such and the difference in ethical values.

Technically most Open Source software is also abiding to the Free
Software definition. But I do not think it's appropriate to label
software as Free Software if it's authors considers their software as
Open Source.

Regards
Henrik