[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 26, Issue 36

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:24:23 BST 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Ershov Sergey <ershovu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
>> To: Linux on small ARM machines <arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk>
>> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:28:50 +0100
>> Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 26, Issue 35

>> > here is my spin on the situation. luke will probably correct me.
>>
>>  no - i need help here :)
>>
>>  my understanding (sorry to discuss you in 3rd person ershov!) is that
>> ershov is looking for the PCMCIA header component, to place on the
>> PCB.  as that component is decided on a per-component basis, you have
>> to actually *pick* the actual component to be used, then find its
>> datasheet, and then *make* the computerised representation (in this
>> case using kicad's module editor) before it can be placed onto the
>> CAD/CAM layout.
>>
>>  that hasn't been done, so ershov is of course asking "where is it?"
>> and it doesn't exist, so he's going to have to make it.  but, first he
>> has to understand that it is correct that it doesn't exist, and we
>> have to understand if that is in fact the question that he is asking.
>>
>>  l.
>
> Form factor pcmcia known and available as a component CAD'ov.
> But EOMA-68 (Allwiner A10) has another 2 ("The 44-pin Expansion Header's"
> and "The FPC-45 Expansion Header") connectors, which are not in the form
> factor pcmcia.
> For developing PCB MiniEngineeringBoard need to know where exactly are these
> two connectors

 no you don't.  the EOMA-68-compliant PCB MiniEngineeringBoard does
*NOT* use those two connectors.

>(they are not in the form factor of pcmcia).

 that's correct.  that's why you don't need to know where they are.
only people creating non-EOMA-68-compliant PCBs need to know where
those are.

> $ git clone git+ssh://git@git.rhombus-tech.net/eoma.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in v:/GIT/eoma/.git/
> git at git.rhombus-tech.net's password:
>
> What is the password for git?

 there isn't one.  you'll need an ssh key (that's why it's git+ssh).
use the HTTP git clone url initially.

 URL - http://git.hands.com/eoma.git