[Arm-netbook] Problem Accessing Webcam Mic Input on Mele A2000 from command line version of FFMPEG for Android

Kofi Obiri-Yeboah kofi.obiriyeboah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:06:48 BST 2012

I am currently testing audio and video streaming from a *webcam* using
a *command
line version of FFMPEG on an android box, the MeLE A2000* I am having a
problem accessing the webcam mic

Using Ubuntu as a reference, the correct command to determine the recording
devices available is *arecord -L *. Unfortunately *arecord -L *does not
work on the A2000

The current command option *alsa* for accessing the webcam mic is *ffmpeg
-f alsa -alsa_device_name.. *and the previous option of *oss* does not work
either, ie *ffmpeg -f -oss..* does not work either.

The listed audio devices shown in */dev/snd *shows the mic portion of the
webcam as *pcmC3D0c *and *controlC3*. The reason I know this is because if
I unplug the webcam these values vanish from the directory listing.

Has anyone tried successfully to access the mic portion of a webcam using
ffmpeg on an android box, especially on the A1000/2000?

How do you formulate the correct format of the command to access the *
webcam *mic.

Please note that I am able to access the audio and video on my Ubuntu PC
using ffmpeg hence i know that both devices work . Also the same webcam
works with the Skype on the Mele A2000.

Cheers

Worrying Is Like Paying Interest On A Loan You Are Yet To Take
Don't Worry, Be Happy!