[Arm-netbook] boot.scr not working for me

Marco Caminati spam.caminati at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 00:39:41 BST 2012

I can't get boot.scr work: u-boot always boots irrespectively.
I have a setenv bootargs with the usual parameters and some others, but when I look into /proc/cmd, it systematically contains:
console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init loglevel=8 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait

The funny thing is that I don't know where the "rootfstype=ext4" comes from: it is not in u-boot sources, nor hardcoded in kernel, so where is it introduced?!

The second, even more bewildering fact is the following. To study the problem I eliminated the fallback case in u-boot sources'  include/configs/sun4i.h, turning

"if run loadbootscr; then "\
"echo Jumping to ${bootscr};" \
"source ${scriptaddr};" \
"fi;" \
"run setargs boot_mmc;" \

into

"if run loadbootscr; then "\
"echo Jumping to ${bootscr};" \
"source ${scriptaddr};" \
"fi;" \
/*"run setargs boot_mmc;" \/*

However, I managed to boot it all the same! Ok, it requires many more attempts that the stock u-boot, but it does sometimes. Which shouldn't happen.
I don't know what to think, maybe there is something in nand?

Thanks for any help I can get.