[Arm-netbook] Mele a1000 and MAC address

Nicolas Aguirre aguirre.nicolas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:06:44 BST 2012

2012/8/9 Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.ru>

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:49:07 +0200
> Nicolas Aguirre <aguirre.nicolas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm finally using my mele a1000 as an home automation server. It works
> > pretty well, with an uptime of 8 days now :)
> > I'm using a specific angstrom/openembedded image which i built for it,
> and
> > the cnxsoftware scripts to create a bootable sdcard with 512 MB of RAM
> > dedicated for the server. I'm using also the nightly build for the kernel
> > and uboot (in date of august 1st).
> >
> > With this configuration i'm facing a problem, the Ethernet MAC Address
> > changes and seems to be a random value when the system restart. I would
> > like to fix this address. Do you know how to do ?
>
> Use
>
>    ifconfig eth0 hw ether your:custom:mac:address:here
>
> Ensure this is executed at boot, before the DHCP client (if you use DHCP),
> in
> Debian-based distros you can just add a "pre-up" line
> into /etc/network/interfaces.
>

> --
> With respect,
> Roman
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "Stallman had a printer,
> with code he could not see.
> So he began to tinker,
> and set the software free."

Hi Roman,

I already try this, it works but i need to kill connman to to this. wich i
don't want for different reasons.
Angstrom uses connman as his network manager and it enumerates all
interfaces and give them an unique id depending on the mac address (I guess
as this unique id is different each time i start, as for the mac address)

I think that the better way to fix this is to pass the mac adress in the
command line. I' don't know if the current network driver can parse this
option. And i don't know where to put this command line :)

--
Nicolas Aguirre
Mail: aguirre.nicolas at gmail.com
Web: http://enna.geexbox.org