[Arm-netbook] Booting A10 Tablet from sdcard

Johnson Chetty johnsonchetty at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:55:44 BST 2012

Grrr...

I'm having the same problem :(
I think I have a board similar to Frank's.. Its an AzHuo A10MID
Apparently assuming a large number of other brand names.
Anybody have some lead on that one?

My boot process changes- no android logo!
I know the machine is on due to the LED.  (No hearing exercises for me!)
No LCD output, grr...
have tried some sd_images (toby corkindale's ) ,also rolled one
myself,  copied over the script.bin from the device..
but no food yet :|

Some questions and thinking aloud:
1. Why does this happen? ->
Of course the kernel doesnt have the driver module.

Should I try to copy over the kernel module or get the driver details
from it? Is this possible?
I would need to use the same kernel version as the device, what else?
Cant i get the driver sources from some info on the android version inside?
Maybe do a hexdump of the driver and search for strings?

2. How can I tackle this without opening the device and soldering a few pins.

So anyways, I'm going to get a serial2USB logger so I can go ahead then...

On 08/08/2012, krasi gichev <krasimirr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Look for info here:
> https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2
> and here:
> https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/138
>

> 2012/8/8 Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net>
>
>> tis 2012-08-07 klockan 19:08 -0400 skrev Frank:
>>
>> > I followed the directions here
>> > http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/a10_mmc_boot/ to build a bootable
>> > micro-sdcard. I copied script.bin from my working android installation
>> > to the boot partition.
>>
>> Ok. That only details the installation of u-boot boot loader. You also
>> neef an OS installed on the sdcard.
>>
>> And what kernel & rootfs are you using?
>>
>> > When I try to boot the tablet with the micro-sdcard inserted I get no
>> > action from the LCD.
>>
>> That is normal. u-boot only talks on serial port.
>>
>> LCD is configured by the operating system.
>>
>> Regards
>> Henrik

Regards,
Johnson Chetty,