[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

Wojciech Meyer wojciech.meyer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:53:55 BST 2012

freebirds at fastmail.fm writes:

> Luke, we discussed a group buy last month. For new members or for
> members who didn't read or remember last month's discussion, I recommend
> including a paragraph regarding this on the sign up page and on a web
> page. Thereby, people googling for a netbook, like Woiciech Meyer did,
> will bring up the group buy.

Definitely this group needs some more exposure. Yes I've found you, but
it's was not apparent where this aims too.

I strongly support your initiative.

As for solution of the problem, I think mailman support
customisable welcome message - if so you could put a URL to the
webpage and/or url to the thread on gmane that would be great.

Positioning the webpage on google would be also helpful.

Hyperlinking in existing posts one the web would be good. (if you really
want that kind of fame of course ;-) there are 300 of us, so I think
it's pretty much enough).

Small digression:

it's hard to organise these kind of things, and usually people are not
the problem, but the legal things. In Cambridge where I live, we have
been trying to organise a hackerspace - which is much bigger and more
involved initiative - for years now - in fact we are almost there.

I think with this kind of stuff that should be much easier to do, but
still it's time consuming, and time also does it. (that's why I think
CPU cards is a brilliant idea)

When I'm at hackerspaces, I think that's another source of well
organised, capable, and centralised groups of people, maybe pinging
there would be good?

> I am interested in the group buy as long as the all screws in the back
> are unscrewable and the wifi and bluetooth are removable.

I think it would be important for me too now..

--
Wojciech Meyer
http://danmey.org