[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Aug 1 01:37:20 BST 2012

On 08/01/2012 12:52 AM, Derek LaHousse wrote:

> Gold isn't a good standard either.  It's just a commodity like anything
> else, with some industrial use and a lot of peer pressure.  We dig more
> of this up, and we have more money?  We launch some into space, and the
> wealth of the world falls (by more than some electrical connectors
> value)?  Like democracy, it's horrible, just no one has found anything
> better yet.

Indeed, but gold as currency has a history far predating democracy, and
it has a reasonably good track record, in the sense that it has always
been worth _something_, unlike money. Something to do with the fact that
it's pretty and shiny, as opposed to a paper IOU from some arbitrary
entity that we have been conditioned to think can be always trusted to
honour it. This notion we have been conditioned with is clearly false
because existance of inflation implicitly demonstrates that the said
entity cannot be trusted to honour it in any meaningful way.

Gordan