[Arm-netbook] mele a1000 internals

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Sat Apr 28 22:41:22 BST 2012

fre 2012-04-27 klockan 01:11 +0200 skrev Henrik Nordström:

> On the upper side of the board just above the JTAG connector there is a
> mysterious 14-pin thing (15U1) with a red painted dot and unreadable
> markings. Anyone having any clues what this is? It's completely
> impossible to see the markings on mine. Anyone having any clue what this
> is?

Managed to read out the markings on mine with the help of a little
paint.

SONiX  SN8P2501BSG  http://www.sonix.com.tw/sonix/product.do?p=SN8P2501B

It's a very small 8-bit MCU with internal OTP ROM (1Kword), so not much
interesting to see there I think. A guess is that it's responsible for
remote power on operation.

Regards
Henrik