[Arm-netbook] China Visit

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Tue Apr 24 08:58:53 BST 2012

Hi Yifu Guo,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:49, Guo, Yifu <yifu.guo at bitsyn.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'll be going to Beijing and Shenzhen in a few days and staying around till
> 17th of May, the major focus to talk logistics with Ainol, so if anyone has
> any particular questions this will be a great time to get a word in, in
> addition I see there are some people on this list that's in Beijing or
> Shenzhen I'd love to network and maybe even meet up during my stay.

awesome! Ainol is a big customer of Allwinner so it would be good to
remind them about the requirements of the GPL and the advantages of
open sourcing the video decoding driver ;-)
I own two *Illegal* (gpl-violating) Android 4.0 Ainol tablets myself
and it's only a large customer (like Ainol) who can encourage
Allwinner to release the sources sooner and not merely after they
*abandon* development or to motivate them about the advantages for the
chip manufacturer of playing by the rules of open source ;-) .... they
are still in time to avoid this mistake on their upcoming cortex-a9

kind regards,
Alejandro Mery