[Arm-netbook] Request SD card image

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Mon Apr 23 03:48:40 BST 2012

> I get similar messages but when I configured the wireless network,
> it all seems to work fine. This was doing it all manually, running
> wpa_supplicant etc from the command-line.
>
> One issue I do get is that unprivileged users can't do any network
> related stuff. A quick search indicates that this is perhaps related to
> an Android kernel option. Apparently adding users to an aid_inet should
> fix this but it doesn't seem to.
>
> What kernel is this 3.0.8+ one that we have? I had tried building the
> lichee/v2.6.36 and despite coping the fw_bcm4329.bin file from the
> allwinner/v2.6.26 branch, I got errors related to that module. I was
> using arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Debian 4.4.5-8) 4.4.5 from emdebian. It'd
> be really good to have a copy of the config file used to build it to
> (or compile it with support for /proc/config.gz).
>
> Has anyone managed to mount the Android internal nand discs from Ubuntu
> or Debian? Looking in /dev/block, there are some loop and ram devices
> which I can't mount. /proc/meminfo reports only 313940kB RAM: any idea
> where the rest of it is: ram discs, video memory?
>
> Oliver

I've got the same issue with Ubuntu 12.04. It can load the wifi driver
but running ifconfig it won't show an IP as a normal user, but as root
it's OK. I can ping as root, but not with ubuntu user:

sudo ping yahoo.com
PING yahoo.com (98.139.183.24) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ir2.fp.vip.bf1.yahoo.com (98.139.183.24): icmp_req=1
ttl=39 time=515 ms
64 bytes from ir2.fp.vip.bf1.yahoo.com (98.139.183.24): icmp_req=2
ttl=39 time=437 ms

ping yahoo.com
ping: unknown host yahoo.com

My guess is that there is only about 300 MB memory available to Linux,
because some memory must be reserved for the GPU (especially for video
decoding). It is the same with the Android firmware.