[Arm-netbook] Video Decoder library license

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Apr 23 01:06:00 BST 2012

lör 2012-04-21 klockan 16:51 +0200 skrev Carlos Balseiro:
> So, we have some code in github for the video decoder, but no license
> is specified. Tom, can you give us some light about it? It will be
> interesting to know if it is licensed with something compatible with
> XBMC.

For your own use you are allowed to do pretty much anything, but if you
want to redistribute the result then the GPLv2 license of XBMC needs to
be fulfilled, which pretty much by default rules out anything you do not
have full sources to unless you can squeeze it throught as one of "the
major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system
on which the executable runs".

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs

Regards
Henrik