[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Notification from Dropbox

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:12:13 BST 2012

> I conducted an experiment, I did the "dd if=/dev/zero of=dummyfile"
> thing on both of the partitions, then made another image. using lzma,
> with default compression-level (6), the size of the file is 931MB -- a
> considerable reduction.

One possible problem though. My image, uncompressed, is 3.747 GiB
(4023386112 bytes), whereas the one from Tom is 3.733 GiB (4008706048
bytes).

So, it would seem that my SD card is slightly bigger. It would be
better if the size reduction operation is performed on the smaller SD
card.

Regards,
Barry Kauler