[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Notification from Dropbox

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 00:13:27 BST 2012

> There is a copy at https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.myriabit.com/mele-ubuntu-lucid.img.lzma

Hi,
Justin, thanks for that second link, I'm downloading it now.

It is 2GB, going to take me about 2 hours to download, if all goes well.

Yes, perhaps the unused space could have been zeroised before the
image was made. I think that I once did that by creating a file the
size of the unused space in the filesystem and then zeroising it. Um,
trying to remember, I think that if you dd with "dd if=/dev/zero
of=dummyfile" without any size spec, it fills all of remaining space?
-- not sure if I remember that right.
Then afterward you delete dummyfile.

Regards,
Barry Kauler