[Arm-netbook] Open source driver for Qualcomm's GPU, Adreno

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:50:31 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Vladimir Pantelic <vladoman at gmail.com> wrote:
> lkcl luke wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Iliya Georgiev<ikgeorgiev at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>  There is a new project aiming to create open source driver for the GPU part
>>>  of Qualcomm SoCs.
>>
>>   thank you iliya - yes, we saw this one in the news, which was very
>> exciting, so i did some research, and i found that qualcomm has been
>> threatening people even who mention the specifications of qualcomm
>> SoCs.
>>
>>   please therefore can i ask people not to discuss any qualcomm
>> products on this list.
>
> paranoid, are we?

 no - just very pissed off.  i have set some standards and ethics for
acceptance of SoCs - standards of behaviour that, if adhered to by SoC
vendors means that i am happy to contact them and invite them to the
table.

 qualcomm threatening people for doing nothing more than help promote
qualcomm's products just completely violated those ethics and
standards.

 please do not discuss this further on this mailing list.

 many thanks.